Lying in the shadow of Thiksey’s beautiful hilltop monastery, the exclusive Chamba Camp brings new meaning to the concept of luxury under canvas.
Ask our specialists to include Chamba Camp at Thiksey in your tailor-made vacation to India and you will find yourself perfectly based for rafting the River Indus and exploring the treasures of this spectacular Buddhist kingdom. Why not take part in a sunrise prayer ceremony at the Thiksey Monastery, go bird watching or try your hand at horse polo – a popular sport amongst the royal family of Ladakh. You’ll also be able to immerse yourself in the region’s rich culture by exploring its old hamlets, meeting locals and observing their ancient traditions.
You’ll experience all of this from the comfort of superbly appointed tents with spacious bedrooms, private bathrooms and verandas that offer wonderful views of Ladakh’s awe-inspiring mountain landscapes. Each tent has an impressive amount of living space, plus elegant colonial-era furnishings and comfortable king sized beds. Presidential Suite Tents benefit from an extra wing which can be converted into a lounge or accommodations for two extra guest beds.
Chamba Camp, Thiksey at a glance
- Uber-luxury, mobile camp open annually from May to October in Thiksey, Ladakh
- Beautifully furnished tents on raised wooden decks
- 360° views of the impressive mountainous landscape
- Each tent has a king-sized bed, stylish ensuite bathroom and private outdoor seating area
- Colonial-style furnishings echoing the time of the Raj
- Modern amenities such as air conditioning and heating
- Dining tent with indoor and outdoor seating
- Enjoy international as well as regional cuisine, all prepared with fresh local produce
- Operated by The Ultimate Traveling Camp
For leisure and pleasure
- Excursions to the spectacular monasteries including the Thiksey monastery and the Alchi monastery
- Enjoy birding along the River Indus
- Explore nearby villages by bike
- Follow numerous hiking trails through beautiful landscapes and charming hamlets
- Reception tent with Wi-Fi, board games, a library and boutique selling local handicrafts
- Enjoy complimentary cooking lessons
- Try your hand at horse polo, archery and croquet
- Picnics in picturesque locations