What better vessel for cruising along the Brahmaputra – one of India’s holiest rivers – than the MV Mahabaahu, with its elegance and style.
A voyage along one of the great rivers of the world naturally begins with a choice of cruiser. And what a cruiser the MV Mahabaahu is! She has a total of five decks, spanning her 55 meter length. The top deck is open, dedicated to soaking up the sun and watching life on the great Brahmaputra as it unfolds before your eyes. The other four decks offer you a swimming pool, spa and restaurant, and are finished with brass fittings and rails. Cabins are naturally spacious, with panoramic windows offering fantastic views of the passing countryside.
And that means Assam. This near-mystical state is the gateway to India’s north eastern region, a land of tea plantations and dense forests full of wildlife. So, as well as the busy life of waterside villages and a procession of Hindu, Buddhist and Jain temples, you can expect to see elephants, horned rhinos, monkeys, wild buffalos and even – if you are very fortunate – wild tigers. And on board, a team of naturalists and local experts add their special insights to your journey.
MV Mahabaahu, at a glance
- Acknowledged as one of the most refined cruisers on the Brahmaputra River
- Choice of 23 aesthetically pleasing twin and double cabins and suites
- All have panoramic views offering wonderful views and some have private balconies
- En suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning and satellite TV
- Swimming pool, wellness spa and beauty salon
- Open air observation and sun deck
- Fine restaurant serving a range of Indian and international dishes
- Well stocked library and games
- Exciting and diverse range of shore excursions with expert guides and highly qualified naturalists
- Evening entertainment includes guest speakers and local dance demonstrations
Where will the MV Mahabaahu take you?
- 7/8 nights: Physically active expedition style cruise. Guwahati to Jorhat or visa versa
- 5 nights: Downstream Jorhat to Kaziranga National Park or Upstream Guwahati to Jorhat
- 3 nights: Downstream, round trip from Guwahati or Upstream Guwahati to Kaziranga National Park