You wake in an expansive suite that is steeped in opulence. Rich fabrics and gorgeous silks abound. Sunlight streams into your room through and intricately arched, full length window. It leads to a balcony, from which you overlook magnificent, ornamental gardens. Spread before you in perfectly symmetry are acres of manicured grounds. As you revel in the view, you look forward to your day’s events.
After a sumptuous buffet breakfast you’ll be playing polo; either on fast, purpose-bred ponies or in a more stately fashion, aboard a swaying elephant. You’ll have lunch in the grand ballroom – with its gilded mirrors and Florentine frescos – that was so popular with kings and their guests. You’ll spend the afternoon being pampered in the spa, before an evening of romance, dining in a private tent illuminated solely by torchlight.
Rambagh Palace, at a glance
- A royal palace set in the heart of Jaipur
- Choice of 79 rooms and stunningly restored suites that were once the private chambers of the Maharaja of Jaipur
- Many decorated in the grand manner with carved archways and ornate screens
- Rich décor reflects the art and colours of Rajasthan
- Beautiful views over the formal grounds
- Three wonderful restaurants plus two bars – one in a restored Victorian railway station!
For leisure and pleasure
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Tented Jiva Spa which recalls the days of pampered royalty and offers traditional treatments for wellness and beauty – amidst chandeliers, tubs and Indian love swings
- Butler-escorted flora and bird watching tours of the grounds, comprising five astonishing gardens
- Guided historical walks
- Astrological talks and folk musicians and dancers
- Golf and croquet
- Excursions arranged to include vintage motoring tours of the Pink City, shopping expeditions, trips to the fabulous City Palace with its Mogul and Rajput architecture and the Palace of Winds