The last of the great Maharaja’s palaces, the Umaid Bhawan is a fusion of the great Indian palace architecture that stretches back to the time of the Moguls, and the pinnacle of western design styles. High-domed cupolas recall the Renaissance, but are embellished in true, ornate Indian style. Inside the concepts of famous architect Henry Lanchester are complemented by Art Deco geometric floors and furnishings, and the exotic murals of Stefan Norblin.
The Umaid Bhawan is so extravagant and so regal that it remains the private home of the present Maharaja and his family. To stay here is the equivalent of spending a couple of weeks in Buckingham Palace whilst the Queen is in residence! Welcome to a royal world.
Umaid Bhawan Palace, at a glance
- A golden, royal palace and private residence in the heart of Jodhpur
- Choice of 64 rooms and luxurious suites full of original art and Art Deco furnishings
- Ranging from Palace rooms to Maharaja and Maharani and Grand Royal suites
- All with outstanding views over the palace grounds and beyond
- Three gorgeous restaurants including the Sunset Pavilion serving a royal barbecue against a stunning night-time cityscape
For leisure and pleasure
- Underground and outdoor pools
- Grande Spa that takes pampering to new heights
- Fitness centre
- Champagne tours of the private museum that includes the royal train and Rolls Royce
- Astrological sessions with hotel palmist and mystic
- Extensive shopping arcade
- City tours and excursions arranged to suit your itinerary