Step back in time with a stay at the new Kishkinda Camp in Hampi. Sumptuously furnished tents, four-poster beds, hand crafted décor and personalised butler service – this is mobile camping at its most luxurious.
Once the capital of the 14th century Vijayanagar Empire, Hampi boasts a remarkable collection of sacred ruins, royal palaces, watchtowers and temples that have since earned it a UNESCO World Heritage designation. From the intricate sculptures of the 8th century Virupaksha temple, the oldest shrine, to the impressive elephant stables and ruined market complexes, this is undoubtedly one of India’s finest archeological treasures.
Set along the banks of the Tungabhadra River, Kishkinda is the ultimate base from which to immerse yourself in the wonders of this ancient citadel. You will find yourself within walking distance of all the main attractions, whilst resident naturalists can also take you birding on the river’s backwaters or to the nearby Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary. You can watch the sunset over the ruins, and at the end of the day retreat to the comforts of camp and the delicious, home grown Deccan dishes produced by the camp’s award-winning chefs.
Kishkinda Camp, at a glance
- Luxurious camping experience in Hampi, a medieval city in the state of Karnataka
- Choice of 10 exclusive tented suites, including one presidential suite
- Beautifully appointed with four-poster beds and plush armchairs
- Safari-themed with hand crafted décor and leather-bound trunks
- Personalised butler services
- Experienced guides who will enrich your experience of the region
- Delicious regional meals featuring locally sourced produce
- Latest addition to The Ultimate Traveling Camp’s portfolio
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the famous UNESCO World Heritage temple architecture of Hampi
- Guided river walks and exciting excursions with expert guides
- Hike and bike in the surrounding farmlands
- Go birding along the backwaters of the Tungabhadra River, home to over 230 species of resident and migratory birds
- Take photography lessons
- Fully guided safaris, alongside qualified naturalists, to the Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary
- Visit the museum at Kaladham with its impressive 3D photography of the ruins
- Beyond Hampi you can explore the Chalukya strongholds of Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal