Nepal is a land of challenging landscapes, wild uplands, lowland jungles and adventure. And Seti River Camp is entirely in keeping with the nature of this awe-inspiring country.
The road – such as it is – comes to an end at Damauli, and you still have a substantial distance to go before you catch your first glimpse of Seti River Camp. Your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Nepal is rapidly turning into the sort of adventure that will leave your friends open-mouthed when you report back. From here on you have to travel by raft along the ceaseless Seti River and rapids; a scenic three hour voyage that will pass in the blink of an eye and 1000 clicks of the camera.
Then you arrive at Seti Camp, the perfect staging post for trekking into the uplands of Nepal’s middle hills, or foraging through the country’s lowland jungles. Even the camp itself, with its explorer-style amenities, speaks of adventure.
Seti River Camp, at a glance
- Adventure camp permanently situated on the banks of the picturesque Seti River
- Three hours from Damauli by inflatable raft
- Choice of just 16 ample tents dotted through terraced gardens stocked with indigenous plants
- Simple but very comfortable accommodations
- Twin beds and en suite bathrooms with hot showers and conveniences, towels and bathtub robes
- Romantic lighting by camp-style lamps
- Continental and delicious local cuisine served in a welcoming dining hall
For leisure and pleasure
- Rafting along the Seti with mighty, snow-capped mountains in the background
- Gentle but exciting rapids
- Gardens extending to the river’s edge
- Stunning scenery along the river and at the camp
- Walking expeditions to local villages set deep in the valley
- Access to the lowland jungles of Nepal
- Hiking to the slopes of the middle hills
- Al fresco meals and socialising beside the campfire