A chain of six deluxe trekking lodges in the legendary Everest region of Nepal, Yeti Mountain Homes rank among the highest hotels in the world.
No Everest trek is ever easy, but a comfortable lodge rather than the cramped confines of a tent at the end of each day will certainly ease the burden. From Lukla up to Namche Bazaar, then on to the beautiful Sherpa settlement of Thame and finally up to Kongde at 4,250m, the lodges of Yeti Mountain Homes are spaced just a short day's walk apart with gradual altitude gains to ensure a gradual acclimatisation to the thin mountain air. As well as accommodating independent hikers, YMH has four of its own trekking itineraries that, though varying in length and difficulty, all encompass ethereal mountain vistas and rich local traditions.
As well as grandstand views of some of the planet’s highest mountains, each lodge in the YMH collection has between 10 and 20 spacious rooms and such essential luxuries as electric blankets, good quality linens and bathrooms with hot running water - the ultimate in high altitude luxury. Each lodge also has a dining room (with a sealed chimney to keep it warm and cosy) where guests are treated to delicious Nepalese dishes prepared from organic ingredients grown in the lodge’s own greenhouse. This, combined with the warmth and generosity of a Sherpa welcome, make these beautiful mountain homes a wonderful place to recharge after a day on the trail.
Yeti Mountain Homes, at a glance
- Family-run lodging in Nepal’s legendary Everest (Solo Khumbu) trekking area
- Encompasses six comfortable trekking lodges at Lukla, Phakding, Monjo, Namche, Thame and Kongde
- Each lodge has 10 to 20 cosy rooms furnished in traditional Khumbu style with plenty of natural wood
- Ensuite bathrooms with hot and cold running water
- In-room luxuries include comfortable duvets an electric mat to keep your bed warm and a thermos of hot boiled water
- Dining rooms serving delicious Nepali, Tibetan and international cuisine using fresh produce from YMH’s own greenhouses
- Incredibly hospitable and welcoming Sherpa staff
- Commitment to employing, training and developing staff from the local communities
For leisure and pleasure
- Four YMH trekking itineraries, including the 13-day Everest Yetis Trail, 13-day Thame Legendary Trail, 19-day Everest Sherpa Trail and 13-day Annapurna Trek
- A wonderful base for independent hiking in one of the world’s finest trekking destinations
- Drink in majestic views of five of the world’s highest mountains at Kongde
- Experience the rich culture and traditions of the local Sherpa people
- Take advantage of the small in-house libraries and leisure rooms
- Massages and other wellbeing treatments can be arranged