Set in the heart of mature coconut groves, the Amanwella is purpose-designed to offer you a state-of-the-art beach resort.
From one tip of its immaculately manicured, crescent-shaped beach to the other, Amanwella is the epitome of a modern beach resort – with all the contemporary luxury, levels of service and attention to detail you could expect.
It is extremely stylish. You will be welcomed by an architect-designed entrance pavilion, pebbled courtyard, ascending colonnade and low level buildings that draw their inspiration from local materials and colours.
You will also experience a genuinely warm welcome from the Amanwella’s staff, followed by a level of pampering you will remember – with a wishful sigh - long after your stay.
Amanwella, at a glance
- Set in a mature coconut grove just outside the southern Sri Lankan fishing town of Tangalle
- Pristine, crescent-shaped beach
- 30 luxurious suites arranged throughout the hillside gardens
- Restaurant opening onto a courtyard with frangipani and reflective pools
- Lounge and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Beautiful pool with terrace for al fresco dining
- Spa suite with treatments also provided in guestrooms or garden settings
- Boutique selling traditional arts and crafts
- Wide range of tours to local villages, Mulgirigala Rock Temple, national parks, turtle conservation projects
- Well-stocked library
- Blue whale watching between December and April