Uga Bay offers you quite a choice of rooms, suites and villas. But they all have some important things in common. They are all luxurious. And they are all arranged in an arching crescent, so each one has a panoramic view of the Indian Ocean. In fact you’ll find that the sea is central to Uga Bay. The beach is an endless stretch of fine sand and - if you stand at the furthest end of the infinity edge swimming pool - the ocean seems to stream in through the hotel’s arched entrance and flow directly into the pool.
The restaurant continues the theme. It overlooks the pool and the sea beyond and, of course, the menu features a wide range of seafood – caught daily by local fishermen.
Uga Bay, at a glance
- Very stylish beach resort set in Passekudah Bay
- Choice of 46 rooms, suites and villas overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Beach Studios offer walk-on beach access or private balconies, air conditioning and WiFi
- The Beach Villa has a private plunge pool and terrace
- The Bay Suite has two stylish bedrooms plus cantilevered pool
- Superb bar and restaurant atop a spiral staircase
For leisure and pleasure
- Spectacular swimming pool that seems to stretch through the entrance and into the sea
- Stylish subway spa
- Fabulous swimming in the crescent-shaped Passikudah Bay with fine beaches
- Wide selection of water sports and beach activities
- Access to Batticaloa Lagoon
- Excursions to the cultural sites of Batticaloa and the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Polonnaruwa