Set on the picturesque island of Miyajima, a place of ancient temples and forested hillsides, Kurayado Iroha has all the character of a private residence, with guestrooms that combine luxury amenities with authentic Japanese design.
Inspired by the elements of a traditional ryokan, the guestrooms at Kurayado Iroha feature tatami mat flooring, low dining tables, futon beds and shoji screens. These are paired with deluxe amenities typical of a modern Japanese hotel, including en-suite bathrooms, adjustable lights and high-speed Wi-Fi. Not forgetting glorious views of the Seto Inland Sea. A highlight of the property is its open-air rooftop bathtub, where you can watch a stunning sunset over the Miyajima Strait as you bathe in reputedly restorative waters.
The hotel is situated just a stroll away from the Itsukushima Shrine, famed for its giant 12th century torii gate that appears to float in the water at high tide. The restaurant offers traditional Kaiseki dining, utilising only the best of seasonal ingredients to produce an array of gourmet and beautifully presented dishes. All of which are complemented by high-quality beverages and, on clear days, a superb view of the great torii gate.
Kurayado Iroha, at a glance
- Within walking distance of the ferry terminal
- Some guestrooms are more Western-inspired and come with plush double beds
- Coffee makers and LCD TVs fitted in guestrooms on the 3rd and 4th floors
- Luxurious Imabari towels and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Room service and Geta (Japanese slippers for outside) upon request
- Tranquil restaurant with a wood interior, where dining is in the traditional Kaiseki style
For leisure and pleasure
- Five-minute walk from the Itsukushima Shrine and torii gate
- Open-air rooftop bathtub
- Visit the famous 16km Sandankyo ravine
- Climb Mt. Misen (530m) where you can soak in glorious views of the mountain range, forests and Seto Inland Sea
- Choose from a menu of massages and herbal treatments in the “Asakiyume" treatment room