Escape the noise and bustle of modern life at this secluded property in the Lolldaiga Hills. A tranquil spot where the views stretch across the African bush to the frosted peaks of Mt Kenya.
Once a private family home, Lolldaiga House has since opened its doors to visitors looking to explore the Lolldaiga Hills Ranch in Laikipia. The design of the property is reminiscent of an old settler home, complete with six elegantly furnished rooms with wide French windows. Staff, whilst friendly and efficient, are unobtrusive and allows for a real sense of privacy. Choose to be hosted or take the house entirely to yourself with a driver/guide on hand to organize any activities on the ranch.
The ranch itself is also a wildlife conservancy and consists of 50,000 acres of pristine wilderness where you’ll find cedar forests, rolling hills, archeological sites and a thriving population of wildlife. Head out on foot, horseback and guided game drives in search of dik-diks, elephants, leopards, giraffes, buffalo and antelope. Return to Lolldaiga House for a swim in the pool or curl up with a book by the fireplace in the cozy sitting room.
Lolldaiga House, at a glance
- Exclusive property set on a fifty-thousand-acre cattle ranch and wildlife conservancy in Laikipia
- Perched on a ridge amongst the Lolldaiga Hills with exquisite views of the Northern Frontier Precinct and peaks of Mt Kenya
- Six double en suite rooms with large verandas, French windows and en suite bathrooms with both showers and bathtubs
- Two of the rooms are in the main house, and four more in two separate cottages nearby
- Outdoor veranda surrounding the house provides guests with a tranquil spot from which to drink in the views
- A fully-trained chef prepares dishes using only the freshest of locally sourced produce
- Enjoy breakfast at the house or on a kopje out in the bush
For leisure and pleasure
- Visit the farm side of the ranch where cows, camels and sheep have been raised for the last century
- Explore the ranch and its wildlife on both bush walks and guided game drives
- Excellent bird watching opportunities with hundreds of different species to spot
- Discover nearby archeological sites including cave paintings and burial grounds
- Riding excursions can also be arranged as well as helicopter rides
- Well-stocked library/TV room
- Refreshing infinity pool
- High-ceilinged dining room and cozy sitting room with two fireplaces