Dar Ahlam means the House of Dreams. It’s an apt name for a traditional kasbah standing on the edge of the Moroccan Desert, surrounded by an oasis of palms.
If you embark on the 1000 km ‘Memory Road’ journey from Marrakech to Dar Ahlam you will find the experience becoming increasingly more dream-like. You’ll travel from the coast of the Atlantic Ocean to the enigmatic Sahara Desert. And along the way you’ll stop off at five oases to stay in age-old maisons. You’ll experience dramatic countryside and rugged mountain landscapes. And then you will arrive at Dar Ahlam.
Surely a high point on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Morocco, Dar Ahlam was created from the dreams of one man, Thierry Teyssier. It stands on the edge of a desert in the Skoura palm grove near the historic town of Ourzazate and is a perfect picture of a traditional sandy pink kasbah, with sturdy square towers and decorated windows.
Dah Ahlam, at a glance
- Magnificent, traditional kasbah nestling in a picturesque grove of palm trees on the edge of the Moroccan Desert
- Choice of just 14 stylish suites with king-size beds
- Contemporary Moroccan décor with original artefacts, shuttered windows, arched doorways and latticework screens
- En suite bathrooms that combine modern amenities with traditional style
- Old fashioned, beehive-shaped fireplaces
- Authentic Moroccan gourmet cuisine served in a variety of romantic settings; in the Nomad Lounge, garden or under the stars
For leisure and pleasure
- Irresistible, geometric swimming pool and sun deck amidst swaying palm trees
- Massage under the olive trees
- Picnics in Berber-style tents surrounded by stunning desert settings
- Socialising and dining in tented courtyards lit by ornate lanterns
- Expeditions along the ‘Memory Road’ from Marrakech to Dar Ahlam, stopping in five different oases
- Experience diverse landscapes from the Atlantic to the Sahara Desert
- Dune and summer camps
- Spend a night in the Sahara desert, sleeping under a blanket of twinkling stars, at their exclusive El Khiam Ahlam encampment