The immense palm grove of Skoura – dotted with atmospheric, crumbling kasbahs – is the captivating setting for this alluring boutique hotel.
Constructed from 100-year-old stones, the carefully restored Ksar El Kabbaba enjoys a serene location amidst lush greenery in the historic town of Skoura. It’s expansive and beautiful gardens, centred around an ancient olive tree and dotted with hammocks, provide the perfect place to unwind - especially in the evenings when lit by glittering lanterns and candles.
Featuring the same the earthen, mud-brick buildings so typical of the region, the hotel sits harmoniously and majestically amidst the towns ancient kasbahs. Guests can choose to stay in either a room, suite or riad, the latter of which is fitted with two bedrooms, a lounge and fireplace. From here, you can set out on hiking, biking and camel-riding excursions in the surrounding area, enjoy a picnic in the grove or venture further afield to explore the city of Ouarzazate.
Ksar El Kabbaba, at a glance
- Fantastic location at the heart of the Skoura palm grove
- Built using ancestral mud construction techniques
- 13 rooms and suites, plus two riads
- Riads are fitted with two bedrooms, a lounge, fireplace and bathroom with bathtub
- Delicious meals are prepared using locally sourced organic vegetables and seasonal fruits
- Traditional decor with tadelakt walls and colourful textiles
For leisure and pleasure
- Lush gardens set around a centuries-old olive tree
- Spa with a hammam, Jacuzzi and gym
- Take a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool
- Picnics in the grove
- Horse, camel and mule excursions
- Hikes and mountain biking
- ATV and 4x4 trips
- organized tours to Ouarzazate, Kasbah Aït Ben Haddou, Kalaat Megouna "The Valley of Roses" and more