Standing amidst the immense palm groves of Skoura, this traditional guesthouse is an oasis of tranquillity, complete with luxuriant gardens and a refreshing free form swimming pool.
Named after the Arabic word for water, L’Ma Lodge sits in pretty gardens peppered with palms and fruit trees. A traditionally-built adobe property, the hotel is beautifully integrated into its surroundings. The communal building (called the Maison) houses two cozy lounges and a restaurant fitted with a crackling fireplace and piano. Large windows let in ample natural light, whilst the terrace provides a lovely view over the garden.
Set 100 meters back from the main house, the peaceful Riad houses four bedrooms and three suites. From the Riad’s rooftop terrace you can access panoramic views across the palm-studded landscape, stretching all the way to the Atlas Mountains in the distance. Active guests will find cycling, horse riding and hiking opportunities in the surrounding area, whilst those who want to relax can do so in the property’s 8,000 sq meter garden. The perfect spot to read a book in the shade of fruit and olive trees.
L’Ma Lodge, at a glance
- Tranquil guesthouse situated in the beautiful Skoura oasis
- 40 km from Ouarzazate
- accommodations is in the Riad 100 meters from the main house
- Four rooms and three suites, all with large windows opening onto pretty garden views
- All have spacious living areas, wardrobes and tadelakt bathrooms with separate toilets and walk-in showers
- Stylish decor inspired by traditional Moroccan design
- Rooftop terrace with 360° views
- Air conditioning in the summer and central heating in the winter ensure a comfortable stay throughout the year
- Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine is served, featuring seasonal produce
For leisure and pleasure
- 8,000 sq km of lush gardens
- Cool off with a dip in the free form swimming pool
- Moroccan cooking classes on request
- Nearby equestrian center for keen riders
- Explore the palm grove on a guided nature walk or biking excursion
- Visit the town’s market on Monday mornings
- Day trip to the Rose Valley, Dades and Draa Valley, Fint Oasis and more
- 4WD excursion to the Atlas Mountains