The Al Bustan Palace is one of the Middle East’s most famous resorts, laying claim to an enviable reputation and long list of international awards.
Spectacularly set between the Al Hajar mountains and Gulf of Oman, the Al Bustan Palace sits in splendid isolation while the fascinating fortresses, city walls, palaces, mosques and souks of Muscat lie just a ten-minute drive away. Its 250 rooms and suites all have balconies, most of them enjoying spectacular water views. Luxuriously appointed and newly refurbished, they combine ancient Arabian influences with modern comforts such as satellite TVs, coffee makers, DVD players and personal bars. 24-hour room, laundry and valet service epitomise the high standards of personal service and attention guests can anticipate here.
Guests can also expect one of the most comprehensive lists of recreational facilities in the Gulf region, including a 1km-long private beach, five swimming pools and tennis club. Scuba diving is available at the nearby Bandar Al Khayran Reserve, whilst excursions such as dolphin watching and camping under the stars in the desert can also be arranged. And where better to refuel than at the Six Senses spa, a 33,000-square-foot peaceful haven reminiscent of a traditional Arabian fort.
Al Bustan Palace, at a glance
- Glorious, five-star resort nestled in 200 acres of gardens in Muscat
- Expansive private beach dotted with cabanas
- Collection of 250 beautifully appointed villas and suites with balconies and private bathrooms
- Amenities include TVs, coffee makers, mini fridges, work desks, fully stocked bars and in-room climate control
- Exceptional standard of service
- Three restaurants and two bars showcasing the world’s finest cuisines, from authentic Chinese dishes at China Mood to freshly caught seafood at the Beach Pavilion
For leisure and pleasure
- Five lagoon-style swimming pools and a well-equipped fitness center
- Children’s pool and playground
- Tennis courts
- Stunning 33,000-square-foot waterfront spa offering a variety of treatments utilizing local ingredients
- Trekking excursions through the desert and mountains
- Discover the Royal Opera House, National Museum and nearby forts
- Within reach of numerous dive sites such as the Bandar Al Khayran Reserve
- Watch dolphins in their natural habitat at the Marina Bandar Al Rowdha
- Camp in a Bedouin tent in the dunes of Wahiba Sands
- See one of the world’s largest green sea turtle reserves at Ras Al Jinz