Experience the epitome of mountain luxury at this upscale resort in Jebel Akhdar. Enjoy sweeping canyon views, traditional spa treatments, guided excursions, fabulous stargazing and private dining.
Set on the edge of a canyon in the mountains of Jebel Akhdar, this sumptuous hideaway is one of the world’s highest luxury resorts. Where you can drink in breathtaking vistas across the rugged landscape from the peace and privacy of your own balcony. Or, if you’re staying in one of the sophisticated villas, soak in a private pool surrounded by lush, exotic gardens.
When you’re not revelling in the serenity of the resort, you could be out and about exploring the valley and its rural villages on foot or by bike. In the nearby city of Nizwa you can browse the bustling souq for ornamental silver jewellery, whilst the 17th century fort is a must-visit historic site. You can explore the towering sand dunes of the Wahiba Desert by 4x4; go swimming in a natural pool and drink cardamom coffee in a traditional Bedouin house. And after dark, head to the resort’s stargazing platform for a front row view of the dazzling night sky.
Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort, at a glance
- Stunning mountain resort set in Jebel Akhdar
- 82 canyon view rooms with large balconies, spa-style bathrooms and exquisite views
- 33 spacious private pool villas set in tropical gardens or on the canyon edge
- All guestrooms are beautifully appointed with elegant décor and custom Omani furniture
- Walk-in dressing rooms, separate baths and rain showers, LED TVs and minibars
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Multiple dining options to choose from, ranging from traditional Arabic dishes to Italian and Asian inspired cuisine – all with stunning canyon views
For leisure and pleasure
- Infinity pool, fitness center and beautiful hammam spa where skilled therapists deliver treatments inspired by ancient Arabian traditions
- Hiking, walking and biking through nearby villages to experience the rich culture of the Bedouin people
- Drive up a mountain top early in the morning to catch a spectacular sunrise
- Get awe-inspiring views across ancient villages and rugged landscape from the Sayq viewpoint, just 500 meters from the resort
- Explore the bustling souq in the city of Nizwa
- Visit the ancient Nizwa Fort and Bahla Fort
- 4x4 excursion to the Wahiba Desert
- Try your hand at archery or climbing up the resort’s activity wall
- Scenic mountain picnics
- Observe how rose water is made in traditional distilleries