Ras Al Jinz means ‘circle of life’. Nothing re-affirms the aptness of the title more than watching a green turtle returning to its birthplace to lay its precious eggs.
Nowhere else on Earth can visitors watch the nesting process of the endangered green turtles, in such close-up detail, as on the shores of the Indian Ocean at Ras Al Jinz. This beautiful turtle reserve is part of a national nature reserve and - by putting it on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Oman - you will have the privilege of watching these giants of the Indian Ocean hauling themselves up onto the sand, in order to begin again a circle of life that has been repeated for countless centuries.
You will also be gladdened by the knowledge that your visit is playing a small part to help in the continuation of the virtuous circle, and upholding the true values of eco-tourism at its best.
Ras Al Jinz, at a glance
- Eco-tourism center in the heart of the Ras Al Jinz National Nature Reserve
- Close to an ancient fishing village and turtle reserve
- Choice of 31 carapace rooms and eco-tents
- 17 air conditioned rooms with en suite facilities
- Two family rooms with bunk beds and en suite bathrooms
- 12 luxury eco-tents on a separate hillock with good views, en suite toilets, fridges and TVs
- Typically regional and international menu, served in the Sambuk Restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore a protected area stretching over 120 sq km, with 45 km of beautiful coastline
- Turtle reserve that allows guided, night observation of rare green turtles
- Early morning nesting site tours
- Discover a wide diversity of marine life
- Natural habitats include ocean, mountains, deserts, wadis and waterfalls
- Fascinating, 6000 year old archeological sites revealing tombs and fishing villages
- Turtle visitor center, gift shop and library