Surrounded by an extremely quaint, 800 hundred year old village, this 19th century house has been fully restored – to give you the sensation of authentic, timeless Tunisia.
Breathe in the cool morning air as you wander around any of the Dar Saïd’s four traditional courtyards and you’ll catch the entrancing aroma of jasmine and bougainvillea. You’ll hear the sound of water tinkling gently in the fountains and be delighted by the white flagstones and walls decorated with ornate tiled mosaics and blue doors and windows. Above you wave the century-old cypresses, adding shade to a scene of utter tranquillity.
Beyond the white walls of Dar Saïd you’ll find that the village takes you even further back in time – to 13th century Tunisia when the area became the site of the mausoleum of a renowned Sufi holy man, who gave his name to the hill and town. For today’s modern visitors, it can feel as if little has changed.
Dar Saïd, at a glance
- Luxury hotel in the heart of an ancient village
- 15 minutes from Tunis-Carthage International Airport
- Choice of 24 guest rooms and suites, each one individually decorated in a traditional theme
- Bathrooms designed as Turkish baths
- Great village views
- Air conditioning and satellite TV
- Local cuisine served in the gardens or beside the pool
For leisure and pleasure
- Essential stopping off place in any luxury, tailor-made vacation to Tunisia
- Swimming pool and traditional Hammam
- Close to the historic sites of Carthage, including the Baths of Antonius Pius, museums, Punic city and port and the Roman Theater
- 20 minutes from the mosques, bazaars, restaurants, ancient monuments and nightlife of Tunis