You’re surrounded – for hundreds of miles – by the challenging, rugged beauty of the Alaskan wilderness. But in Anchorage’s Captain Cook Hotel, you’re engulfed in luxury and comfort.
You can wander round an art collection that relates the story of Captain Cook’s intrepid voyage to map the coastline of Alaska. You can shop for gifts, jewellery or appropriate clothing for your venture into the chill beauty of the Alaskan wilderness. You can swim, exercise or indulge in a choice of four eateries, including Anchorage’s only AAA-four-diamond fine dining restaurant. All without leaving the regal Hotel Captain Cook.
Or you can step beyond the hotel lobby and discover that downtown Anchorage, with its variety of city excursions, museums, restaurants and prestigious shopping malls is on your doorstep. Travel a little further and your luxury, tailor-made vacation to the USA will take you into the vast, virtually untamed territory of mighty mountains, lakes and forests that is Alaska.
Hotel Captain Cook, at a glance
- World class international hotel situated in the heart of downtown Anchorage
- Choice of 547 luxurious rooms and suites – all with far-reaching views over the scenic Cook Inlet or towards the mighty Chugach Mountains
- accommodations ranges from impressive Crow’s Nest Suites to deluxe rooms with a choice of king-size or two double beds
- Rooms have fine, handmade furniture and glamorous en suites
- Suites have separate living areas and can sleep families or groups
- Menu of three restaurants, including Anchorage’s only AAA-four-diamond fine dining restaurant, plus indoor sidewalk café
For leisure and pleasure
- Impressively large swimming pool
- Jacuzzi and aerobics room
- Athletic Club offering a lounge, tanning beds and sun room, workout studio with cardiovascular machines and weights, massage, sauna and steam room
- Hotel features one of Anchorage’s best malls for fashion and outdoor clothing, gifts and jewellery
- Barbershop and beauty salon
- Art collection including stained glass, painted woodwork, sculpture and artefacts telling Cook’s story
- Perfect base for exploring the city or starting out on an Alaskan adventure