Offering authentic and fully-guided wilderness vacations, Grizzly Bear Ranch is the ultimate haven for the wildlife enthusiast and lover of the great outdoors.
Away from the crowds in a remote corner of the Selkirk Mountains, Grizzly Bear Ranch provides the perfect jumping off point for adventures in British Columbia. The lodge offers a range of all-inclusive wilderness packages, from wildlife viewing tours in the spring to white-water rafting trips in the summer. But their speciality is undoubtedly bear viewing. On a typical bear watching itinerary in Fall you will enjoy enchanting river walks, boat rides and even helicopter flights to observe wild bears live and feed in their natural environment.
Include a stay at Grizzly Bear Ranch on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Canada and you could also go hiking in the high alpine, ride a Zodiac boat to hidden lakes and lounge on deserted beaches. There really is no end to the adventure. And when you return at the end of each day, you will be welcomed by fresh, seasonal cuisine and charming riverside cabins with sundecks and spacious bathrooms.
Grizzly Bear Ranch, at a glance
- Remote, luxury eco-lodge in the Selkirk Mountains of British Columbia
- Set on 110 acres of wilderness on the banks of a picturesque, free-flowing river
- All-inclusive wildlife viewing and wilderness vacations throughout the year, but specialize in bear viewing
- All vacations are four or five nights in duration
- Led by professional and experienced guides
- Six custom-built riverside cabins each with its own en suite bathroom, sundeck and wood-burning stove
- Delicious meals prepared using local, seasonal produce
- The ranch provides binoculars, hiking poles and all rafting gear
- Peak bear viewing times are May and October
For leisure and pleasure
- Springtime at the lodge brings fantastic bear sightings, as well as a chance to see moose, elk, coyote, porcupine, wolf and beaver plus a variety of birds
- Summer vacation packages include hiking in the alpine, river rafting and visiting remote lakes by Zodiac
- Grizzly bear viewing tours in Fall feature guided walks along active bear trails, ventures into the alpine and river rafting through bear habitat
- The majority of wildlife-viewing is done on foot, allowing for an authentic wilderness experience
- Enjoy evenings around the campfire and barbeques by the river