This dynamic downtown hotel oozes Austin cool with its music-inspired décor, buzzing rooftop bar and live music performances.
Named after legendary American singer-songwriter Townes Van Zandt, this Kimpton property feels right at home in the Live Music Capital of the World - think chandeliers crafted out of musical instruments and replica vintage concert posters. A chic, laidback property, the Van Zandt exudes style from the open lobby to the buzzing rooftop pool (complete with underwater speakers) and bar overlooking Austin’s sparkling skyline. You can enjoy live music every night at Geraldine’s, one of Austin’s most acclaimed eateries, alongside a superb menu of authentic yet inventive Texan dishes.
With their cool grey and blue interiors, each of the 319 guestrooms is comfortably appointed with plush king or queen beds, oversized bathrooms and luxury Atelier Bloem amenities. Complimentary amenities include yoga mats in every room and bikes for roaming around town, but for the best views, opt for one of the Corner King rooms which have large picture windows looking out onto downtown Austin and Lady Bird Lake. The lake is just a stone’s throw away, as are some of the city’s top restaurants, bars and cultural hotspots.
Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt, at a glance
- A sleek boutique hotel located at the heart of Rainey Street in downtown Austin
- Named after legendary American singer-songwriter Townes Van Zandt
- 319 spacious guestrooms decorated in dark woods and bronzes
- Comfortable king or queen beds, crisp white linens and oversized bathrooms with luxury Atelier Bloem amenities
- Floor-to-ceiling windows look out over lake or city views
- Natural materials used in the décor throughout, as well as bespoke artwork and chandeliers custom-made from musical instruments
- Dine on delicious Texan classics at Geraldine’s or light bites at Café 605
- Choose from an assortment of craft brews, cocktails and freshly pressed juices at the rooftop bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Buzzing fourth-floor pool deck and bar area with a fireplace, cushy cabanas and exquisite skyline views
- Enjoy live music performances each night on Geraldine’s stage
- Kick back in the large open lobby and cosy living room area, where a hosted social hour takes place each evening
- Just a stone’s throw from Lady Bird Lake, as well as the city’s top bars and restaurants
- 24-hour onsite fitness centre
- Custom-designed PUBLIC bikes on hand and available for guest use