For its classic 1900s architecture, its setting on San Francisco’s atmospheric Fisherman’s Wharf overlooking the famous bay and its innate warehouse character – the Argonaut is a legend.
Built in 1907 and standing on the edge of the Bay, the Argonaut is regarded as one of the iconic San Francisco period hotels. Wander into the reception area and you’ll find seafaring references abound. Wooden plank floors remind you of a ship’s deck. There’s a working astronomer’s clock mounted above the fireplace in the lobby. Original timbers and nautical prints – and glimpses of San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge through the windows – all serve to remind you of the hotel’s historic connection with the ocean.
But its traditions aren’t the only reasons to stay at the Argonaut during your luxury, tailor-made vacation to the USA. The hotel’s unrivalled setting puts you in immediate touch with most of the sightseeing opportunities and sizzling nightlife of San Francisco.
Argonaut, at a glance
- Iconic boutique hotel set on Fisherman’s Wharf
- Within easy reach of San Francisco’s wide-ranging attractions
- Choice of chic guest rooms and stylish suites
- Expect interior design with characterful exposed brickwork, nautical styling and warehouse references
- Guest rooms have good views and deluxe en suite bathrooms
- Suites typically offer stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, king-size beds, parlours connecting to guest rooms and separate living rooms
- Blue Mermaid Restaurant serving fresh seafood and fine Napa Valley wines, plus private dining option
For leisure and pleasure
- The Argonaut puts the great city of San Francisco at your fingertips and Fisherman’s Wharf on your doorstep
- Close to the classic F-line shopping cart cars
- A couple of minutes’ walk from Pier 39 with its dramatic views of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Sights including Alcatraz Prison, Angel Island, Treasure Island, San Francisco Bay and North Beach are easily accessible
- Tours of national parks like Yosemite and Muir Woods also available