At the Amangiri, a remote retreat in the American Southwest, you’ll find the perfect balance between high adrenaline adventures and total peace.
With geometric planes and a muted colour palette, the Amangiri blends in seamlessly with its desert surroundings. Accommodation includes a series of minimalistic suites with white stone floors, natural timbers and concrete walls, in addition to a four-bedroom Mesa Home that features a 50-foot infinity pool. Each suite has spacious living areas and terraces where guests can lounge and drink in stunning vistas of the mesas, plateaux and dunes.
Situated in the centre of the Grand Circle – the country’s largest concentration of national parks – the Amangiri is ideally placed for outdoor adventure. You can go rock climbing, kayaking on Lake Powell, visit dinosaur tracks or explore the sweeping desert landscape on horseback. You can even take a hot air balloon flight at dawn from the resort for an astonishing bird’s eye view of the vast landscape. After a day’s adventure, where better to relax than at the on-site Spa where treatments reflect the healing traditions of the Navajo.
Amangiri, at a glance
- A stylish five-star desert retreat located in a valley in Canyon Point and surrounded by iconic natural treasures, from the Grand Canyon to Monument Valley
- Suites are spacious, using clean lines and natural materials designed to complement the qualities of the desert
- Each suite features an outdoor lounge, fireplace, bath, rain shower and beautiful desert views, whilst some come with a private pool or roof terrace
- A four-bedroom Mesa Home which offers a private pool and glorious desert views
- Cuisine is influenced by the American Southwest, using locally sourced ingredients and served from an open-plan kitchen
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore the desert on horseback, go kayaking, rafting along the Colorado River and take hot air balloon rides
- Discover the cultural heritage of the Navajo with tours led by Navajo guides
- Excavate the Tibbet Spring Bone Bed Quarry, visit fossils, dinosaur tracks and explore the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument with a paleontological interpreter
- A Spa with spa pavilions, treatment rooms and a stone-lined step pool where guests can indulge in massages, scrubs, wraps, yoga and flotation therapy
- Beautiful swimming pool surrounding a rock escarpment