A bit about me
After studying tourism for four years, I decided to put the qualification and my personal travel experience to good use, and work for a tour operator. This was almost 16 years ago now. In that time I have worked for a number of premium travel companies, none better than Bridge & Wickers now part of The Ultimate Travel Company.
I count myself as fortunate to have traveled to all corners of the world and have a good knowledge of most countries, but am an expert in the regions of Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Having spent 18 months in Australia I know this country well and many trips to Canada and New Zealand have given me a fantastic insight into these wonderful countries.
My favourite places
My favorite places are New York, Montreal, Vancouver and Sydney – all cities. As a committed city dweller this is my comfort zone. This said, I also enjoy amazing scenery, adventure and wildlife – self-drives in Canada have proved very rewarding on this front, in a very comfortable, safe and easy environment.
My favourite hotel
I loved Lizard Island on the outer reef in Queensland, the location is out-of-this-world and the accommodations, service and food offers understated luxury.
My most memorable experience
Visiting the temples of Bagan in Burma, I traveled here in the late 80s and early 90s and it was beyond magical.
My top tips
- Don’t change up cash before you travel, just draw it from the cashpoint as you need it.
- Never book the Run of House (lead in room) as you tend to get a smaller room with no view and the air-conditioners outside your window.
- When in a city don’t book breakfast in your accommodations, you find most corners have a great place that all the locals go for a fraction of then cost.
- Never pick up a car for a drive over 20 minutes from a long international flight.
- Book a city tour on your first day, getting a hang of a city early on can save you hours walking around in circles later.
- Book your trip as far in advance as you can to secure the best rates.
- Always remember it is your trip and I am here to facilitate to make the best use of your time and budget.