A bit about me:
I have been in the travel industry for over 15 years and within that time gained some wonderful experiences, that maintain my interest in selling travel and helping people achieve their travel dreams and goals.
My favourite places
I have had some wonderful trips and experiences, so could wax lyrical all day long on every aspect of travel. Italy is a very special place for me, with its wonderful opera houses and music festivals, such as The Puccini Festival in Tuscany or the Verona Opera Festival. I have also really enjoyed watching the ballet at the Mariinski Theater or pottering around the famous Winter Palace and the Hermitage in St Petersburg.
Cruising on a luxury-liner around the globe, where you get to stop in a different port almost every day and whilst on board sampling excellent food and fine wines. When you cruise, you only unpack once and if you are in a suite the butler does it for you.
In the British Virgin Islands just lazing in a hammock with the sea breeze and swimming in turquoise clear waters.
Sailing aboard the Royal Clipper along the Amalfi Coast with the wind in her sails.
Having a spa treatment on Peter Island (British Virgin Islands) with the doors wide open and the Caribbean breeze.
My favourite hotel
Jumby Bay in Antigua – scenically it doesn’t get much better than a 300-acre private island with show stopping white beaches and some of clearest waters in the Caribbean. This five star getaway re-opened in November 2010 after a major nip-and-tuck and it shows. Most of the hotel has been re-built and looks superb in the new layout, as well as private residences in all shapes and sizes that you can rent, be it for 2 people or 20 people! I have stayed in the Hummingbird Villa and Harbour Heights Villa, as well as a Courtyard Suite with outside Shower.
My most memorable experience
Sailing into the lagoon waters of Venice and slowly, majestically passing St Mark’s Square, as the sun rises in the east.
My top tips
- Don’t want to fly? Then go by train, there are many destinations that you can journey to now from London into Europe.
- Never forget your camera, you can miss out on some spectacular photo opportunities at a minute’s notice.
- Don’t forget a corkscrew/bottle opener!
- Visit Pushkin, Catherine Palace and the Amber Room in St Petersburg (all year round).
- There is a cruise ship out there for everyone, don’t be put off by the size and amount of passengers! Think of them as a large 5* hotel with all facilities on board.