The ancient palace, carved out of giant blocks of white marble, stands imperiously on top of an Aravali hill, looking like a fantasy fortress. Actually, it’s your hotel.
Stand on any of the Raas Devigarh’s sweeping terraces and you’ll have commanding views of the countryside surrounding the Aravali Hills. You may even imagine yourself as an old-time Rajah, looking down from your palace at the picturesque village of Delwara spread out at your feet. The old palace, with its towering turrets, its walls of white marble slabs, its ornate arched windows and commanding presence can have that effect.
But step inside and another era awaits; the 18th century fortress has been recreated as a 21st century palace of hospitality, where – on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to India - you’ll be received as an honored guest, treated to every luxury and immersed in contemporary comforts like marbled en suite bathrooms, Jacuzzis and private sun decks.
Raas Devigarh, at a glance
- One of the finest five star hotels in the whole of Rajasthan
- Recreated 18th century palace within easy reach of Udaipur
- Choice of 39 ultimately luxurious suites featuring the best of contemporary design
- Many featuring private sun decks, tented terraces or balconies
- Astounding views over the surrounding countryside and local village
- En suite bathrooms featuring – depending on suite - marbled walls set with semi-precious stones
- Space for lounging and in-suite dining
- Superb regional and international food served in a variety of courtyard bistros, bars, lounges and an open air restaurant
For leisure and pleasure
- Elegant swimming pool with shaded sun decks
- Spa offering age-old beauty rituals and relaxing treatments
- Relaxing in the old palace’s courtyards, gardens and viewing terraces
- Tours of fascinating Delwara, where every street has at least one temple
- Journeys through Rajasthan’s rich cultural history
- 1000 temples – including 400 Jain Mandir Temples – within easy reach
- Trips to see the nearby Step Well, Kantya’s Hunting Tower and a Sadhna workshop
- Sacred places and religious rituals expeditions
- Battle Stories trips
- Royal Experience visits to the majestic palaces of Udaipur