With a name that aptly translates into “the heart of Selous”, Roho ya Selous claims a prime position within one of Tanzania’s most diverse wildlife reserves.
Make the stylish Roho ya Selous a feature on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Tanzania and you will find yourself at the heart of all the action. You will have a range of safari activities at your fingertips, from enchanting boat trips along the river, to fly camping and thrilling bush walks in the company of knowledgeable guides. You can expect to see a variety of game across various different habitats, and in such a huge wilderness you may find you have sightings all to yourself.
The camp’s eight sophisticated tents – carefully tucked away within the trees – are perfectly integrated into their surroundings. Set quite a distance from each other, each offers a high level of privacy in addition to spacious interiors. The shaded mess tent is a great place to relax and discuss the day’s adventures with fellow guests, but your tent also has its own veranda where you can choose to simply unwind and watch as wildlife passes by.
Roho ya Selous, at a glance
- Newly opened safari camp at the heart of Tanzania’s Selous Game Reserve
- A prime location for game-viewing close to a key waterway
- Fabulous views over the reserve
- Just eight stretch canvas tents, including one family tent
- En suite bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers
- Evening breeze cooling system
- Delicious three-course dinners served under the starry African sky
- Expert guides will reveal their knowledge of the reserve’s flora and fauna
- An Asilia Africa property
For leisure and pleasure
- Immerse yourself in the bush on a walking safari, accompanied by an armed expert guide
- Enjoy game drives in open-sided vehicles in search of the reserve’s larger animals
- Slower paced boat safaris to see pods of hippo wading in the water and crocodiles lazing on the riverbanks
- See leopards, lions, elephants, rare wild dogs and a multitude of birds
- Fly camping
- Spend a relaxing afternoon fishing in the rivers
- Swimming pool