If you really want to connect with Oman’s past, stay in a true mountain retreat in the Jebel Akhdar, parts of which are up to 270 million years old.
This mountain hideaway will give you an immediate introduction to the hospitable welcome and attention to detail that is a part of the Omani make-up. But what makes it different is its foundation in the bedrock of the country. It nestles on the Saiq Plateau amongst magnificent, timeless mountains, giving breathtaking views and astonishing sunsets. It overlooks ancient villages and has gardens filled with local flora and marine fossils that date back millions of years.
It also puts outdoor adventures at your doorstep. From Sahab you could scale the highest mountains in the Hajjar Range, take enriching walks through nearby villages, explore historic sites and enjoy private stargazing sessions. Refresh your tired muscles at the Uru spa or retire to your elegant room with its plush bed and mountain views.
Sahab Resort & Spa, at a glance
- Boutique mountain-side hotel that is at one with nature and the surrounding mountains
- Situated on the Saiq Plateau, 2,000 meters above sea level in the western Hajjar Mountains
- Choice of 27 graceful studio rooms and suites, including a family suite
- Surrounded by 5,000 square meters of gardens featuring native plants
- Private terraces or balconies attached to many rooms
- Fantastic mountain or garden views
- Queen beds and en suite bathrooms or showers
- Air conditioning and free Wi-Fi
- Restaurant serving regional and international cuisine, plus a modern bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy rejuvenating massages and personalised therapies at the Uru Spa
- Sensational infinity pool and Jacuzzi
- Visit the Nizwa Fort and Tanuf Ruins
- Rock climbing, trekking, mountain biking and caving
- Wander through nearby villages
- Superb mountain picnics
- Wonderful, light pollution-free stargazing
- Discover the luxuriant natural flora of Jebal Akhdar
- Walk through ancient olive and juniper woodlands