It may have only opened a few years ago, but Casa Los Sauces recreates all the spirit and warmth so typical of the people who worked the farms on this land over a century ago. ‘Strange’, you may find yourself musing, ‘that some of the world’s most inhospitable places breed some of its most welcoming people’.
It’s certainly true of Los Sauces. Standing in a beautifully cared-for, natural garden of willows and rose hips, the Casa puts you just a few minutes walk from downtown El Calafate. It is also the perfect springboard for exploring the dramatic surrounding countryside, as well as visiting the astounding Parque Nacional Los Glaciares – a fantastical land of gleaming white ice, huge perspectives and endless photo opportunities.
Casa Los Sauces, at a glance
- Accessible setting just 300 meters from El Calafate
- Choice of 24 large suites with spectacular views of the gardens or Mount Calafate
- Plus 10 Corner and four exclusive Master suites
- State-of-the-art en suite bathrooms with hydro tubs
- Gourmet restaurant plus open air dining on whole barbecued lamb, Patagonian-style
For leisure and pleasure
- Octagonal stone spa offering a range of treatments
- Saunas, Scottish showers and whirlpool room
- Fully equipped gym
- Las Nubes clubhouse with wide angle views over Lago Argentino and Solitaria Island
- Experience the culture of nearby El Calafate
- Range of tours and excursions also available