Time was when the voyage along the coast of Patagonia to Cape Horn was dreaded by all mariners. You, of course, will be traveling in complete comfort.
It’s a universal truth that some of the world’s most forbidding regions are also some of its most spectacular; awesome in their wildness. The coast of Patagonia confirms the truth of the idea by presenting you a series of breath-taking landscapes – and unbelievable seascapes. From the observation decks of MV Stella Australis you’ll watch a passing parade of rugged mountains and devastatingly beautiful fjords and islands. You’ll visit blue-white glaciers, majestic in their chill grandeur, and encounter comical penguins, perfectly adapted to the harsh environment.
And you’ll be following the routes of some of history’s most intrepid seafarers as they strove to navigate around the world by finding passages through some of its most inhospitable regions. The names given to the destinations you’ll visit celebrate the explorers and reflect their struggles. Sailing between the Chilean port of Punta Arenas and Ushuaia in the far south of Argentine Tierra del Fuego, you’ll voyage through the Straits of Magellan, photograph the mighty glaciers of Beagle Channel and experience the untamed nature of Last Hope Sound and Desolation Island – before reaching the southernmost tip of the continent at Cape Horn.
An unmissable experience aboard a luxurious cruise ship.
- Sleek, modern cruise ship purpose-built for sailing in these waters • 100 luxurious cabins arranged over three decks
- All with their own en suite shower rooms
- Choice of either double or twin beds
- 210 passengers maximum
- Sky Lounge giving you panoramic seascape views
- Observation decks for watching the passing parade in comfort
- Fine dining in an elegant restaurant
- Well equipped gym
- Excursions onto glaciers to meet penguins
- Shore trip to explore the 425 meter high cliff that is Cape Horn
- Visit the fjords of Tierra del Fuego
- Experience part of Darwin’s route from Punta Arenas
Click here to download M/V Stella Australis deck plans and specific suite details
Where will Cruceros Australis cruises take you?
- Discover Patagonia: 3 nights, Ushuaia - Punta Arenas
- Fjords of Tierra Del Fuego: 4 nights, Punta Arenas - Ushuaia
- Gauchos, Glaciers and Penguins: 5 nights, Punta Arenas round trip
- Darwin's Route from Ushuaia: 7 nights, round trip
- Darwin's Route from Punta Arenas: 7 nights, round trip
Senior Travel Consultant, Nabila Cash, sailed with Cruceros Australis in 2011 - read her travel blog, In Patagonia.