Estancia Cristina stands beside Lake Argentina, in an untouched corner of the Los Glaciares National Park. It is so remote it can only be reached by boat.
So why would you want to holiday there? To stand beneath a massive sky and wonder about the vastness of nature. To sail across a huge lake with a sea of jagged mountains as a backdrop. To sail so close to icebergs you could almost touch them. To trek through rugged wilderness and rich forests. To encounter astonishing wildlife. To rest beside boiling streams and gushing waterfalls, or fish for river giants in crystal water. To venture into absolute wilderness in a 4x4. To climb to the top of the world and visit sky-blue glaciers. To feel utterly and gloriously alone. To see a night sky that is – literally – out of this world.
That’s why you’d make Estancia Cristina part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Argentina.
Estancia Cristina, at a glance
- Founded in 1914 by the Masters' Family
- Wilderness lodge situated on the northwest shore of Lago Argentino
- 50 km from El Calafate in the Los Glaciares National Park
- Choice of 20 comfortable guest rooms arranged in five welcoming cabins
- Large bedrooms with seating areas and terrific views towards the mountains
- Cosy and characterful interior
- En suite bathrooms
- Great restaurant with all round views, serving delicious local cuisine and excellent wine, plus cosy and sociable bar
- Wi-Fi (quite weak!) is available in the main building, but not in the bedrooms
For leisure and pleasure
- Accessed by the lodge’s own catamaran across Lago Argentino
- Perfect setting to explore this remote part of Los Glaciares National Park
- One of the few places you can see the impressive Upsala glacier from (there is an excellent view point and then a hike through a fossilised canyon)
- Horse riding and mountain biking
- River angling for prize specimen fish
- Unrivalled star gazing in an unpolluted sky
- 4x4 safaris into the deep wilderness
- Guided expeditions to forests, torrential streams and cascading waterfalls