If you’re a nature lover you’ll find the Ibera Wetlands is one of Argentina’s most absorbing and involving eco-systems. Rincon del Socorro lets you explore it all.
Rise with the sun and you’ll be looking forward to a full day of nature-watching, exploring a fascinating eco-system and immersing yourself in a great natural reserve. You start with a walk through the estancia’s well-established gardens, beneath ancient trees and accompanied by the fragrance of roses and the call of exotic birds. Then it’s time to explore the reserve on a walking tour, or astride a horse, before embarking on a boat ride deeper into the wetlands themselves. You could even take a flight over the region. Shortly after sunset you can go on a night safari in a 4x4 vehicle to see the nocturnal wildlife of the wetlands.
Stay at Estancia Rincon del Socorro during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Argentina and you’ll have many such days.
Estancia Rincon Socorro, at a glance
- Original estancia built in 1896 as a ranch house, now a boutique hotel
- Nestling amidst 12,000 hectares in the Iberia Wetlands
- Choice of six rooms situated in the main house, plus three nearby bungalows
- All individually furnished and decorated in a classic Spanish estancia style
- Many period features as well as modern amenities like en suite bathrooms
- Vaulted and beamed ceilings
- Quaint shuttered windows giving views into the established gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Irresistible swimming pool with sun deck set in attractive grounds
- Beautiful gardens with ancient trees, roses, azaleas and indigenous plants that attract up to 30 different species of birds
- Nearby laguna; home to birds, carpinchos and tame alligators
- Nature walks led by an expert guide
- Explore the Iberia Wetllands Water Basin and Iberia Natural Reserve
- Canoe trips into the wetlands to spot the abundant wildlife
- Brilliant opportunities for keen birdwatchers
- Horse riding through beautiful countryside