You stand, shoulder deep in the warm waters of the swimming pool, and look out at the vast expanse of the glittering Beagle Channel and the mighty, snow-capped Andes Mountains. And you realise you’re experiencing one of the most inspiring places on planet Earth.
A place where you can cross the white lands of Tierra del Fuego on a dog sled to explore lenga forests, peat bogs and glacial lagoons. Where you can take a helicopter flight over ice-bound islands and plunging valleys. Where you walk on snowshoes and find yourself listening to the sound of pure silence.
Los Cauquenes understands the uniqueness of its Beagle Channel environment, and has won awards for being a Biosphere Hotel and promoting sustainable tourism.
Los Cauquenes, at a glance
- The only five star hotel on the beaches of Beagle Channel
- Just seven kilometres from Ushaia, the world’s most southerly city
- Four kilometres from Malvinas Argentinas Airport and only 15 miles from Tierra del Fuego National Park
- Choice of 54 guest rooms, including 5 glorious suites
- Exclusive restaurant serving cuisine based on locally produced ingredients
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor/indoor pool with terrific views
- Stylish spa with a selection of massage, facial and body treatments
- Fitness area, sauna and hydro-massage pool
- Special tours include snow shoe expeditions, dog sleds rides and helicopter flights
- Programmes include gourmet and spa experiences, romantic ventures and Snow Week
- Trips to the world’s most southerly city