Walk through the wrought iron gateway to Patios de Cafayate and you will be confronted with a superb example of a traditional, colonial-built Argentine estancia. You’ll find a charming, colonnaded courtyard with a floodlit central fountain, shaded by fruit trees. Inside the décor is traditional and elegant, matching the period of the estate – established in 1740 – perfectly.
Stroll through the spectacular gardens of the estancia and you’ll find yourself surrounded by acres of dense green grapevines. As well as being a wonderful resort and spa, Patios de Cafayete is a renowned vineyard with a history stretching back to the 1870s. And beyond the vines lies the astounding scenery of the Calchaquies Valleys. Expect red, wind-carved boulders the size of hotels and endless, panoramic vistas.
Patios de Cafayate, at a glance
- Traditional vineyard in a wonderful Calchaquies Valleys setting
- Just two kilometres from central Cafayate
- Choice of 32 guest rooms and suites
- Antique furniture, artisan carpets, ceramic floors
- Elegant lounge and dining room serving regional specialities
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb swimming pool
- Spa with local speciality treatments and therapies
- Horse riding
- Wine and vineyard tours
- Cycle tours and mountain trekking
- 18 hole golf course just five minutes away
- Cultural excursions and visits to the cathedral archeological site