You can feel the sort of family home that Posata Puerto Bemberg must have been, simply by wandering into the library with its 2500 carefully selected books about the region, or stepping into the wine cave where over 1600 impeccable wines and murals by Eduardo Hoffman line the walls.
But for a truly astonishing – and surprisingly romantic – experience you should sit in Viewpoints, a sheltered deck built high in the treetops of the forest, and watch a tropical storm rage all around you.
It’s moments like these that make Posada Puerto Bemburg essential on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Argentina. It’s a natural riverside gateway to the stunning Iguazu Falls – and the perfect base for discovering the abundant wildlife, flora and fauna of the surrounding jungle.
Posada Puerto Bemberg, at a glance
- Superb old family home, giving great access to the Iguazu Falls, by boat
- Choice of 12 superior and one deluxe guestrooms, plus a suite with private balcony overlooking the river
- Colonial architecture with high ceilings and large windows
- Traditional and regional furnishings
- Private patios with gorgeous views
- La Cave restaurant serving local specialities using produce from the orchard and vegetable garden
- Capacious wine cave and welcoming lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Visits to Iguazu and Bella Vista Falls
- Boat tours on the Parana and Uruguay Rivers and to Salto Yasy
- Superb animal and bird watching on jungle treks
- Jungle reforestation tour
- Eco-excursions to Paraguay
- Tea and yerba mate plantation trips
- Extensive 2500-book library and Bemberg Museum Cultural Center
- Local community and craftsmen visits