Navigating the narrow fjords and glacial channels typical of the southernmost tip of South America can be a challenge, but the Ventus Australis moves with ease.
This luxury, state-of-the-art vessel is the latest to join Australis’ cruise line, having been built in the internationally recognized Chilean shipyard Asenav. Its name – which translates to “Southern Wind” – is inspired by the distinctive weather patterns of Tierra del Fuego. It has a total of 100 cabins spread out over three decks, with a capacity for 210 passengers. This luxury, state-of-the-art vessel is the latest to join Australis’ cruise line, having been built in the internationally recognized Chilean shipyard Asenav.
Choose to sail aboard the Ventus Australis and you will get to experience the remotest corners of Patagonia. Like its sister ship the Stella Australis, the Ventus has been designed with exceptional manoeuvrability, bringing you even closer to the remarkable scenery and taking you to visit enchanting sites like Wulaia Bay, the mighty Pia Glacier and the infamous Cape Horn. You can also expect a high level of service and comfort, in addition to wonderful facilities such as a stylish sky lounge where you can watch the sublime landscapes of Patagonia unfold.
Ventus Australis, at a glance
- 210-passenger ship
- 100 cabins spread out over three decks
- Cabins are spacious and comfortable with full bathrooms and panoramic views
- Exceptional manoeuvrability perfect for navigating Patagonia’s waterways
- Relax in the sophisticated sky lounge and enjoy meals in the Patagonia Dining Room
- Shore excursions in Zodiac boats led by expert guides
- Guest lecturers deliver interesting presentations on the region
- Built at the Chilean shipyard Asenav
- Sister ship to the Stella Australis
Where will the Ventus Australis take you?
- Fjords of Tierra del Fuego: 4 nights, Punta Arenas – Ushuaia
- Patagonian Explorer: 4 nights, Ushuaia – Punta Arenas