A traditional caravan vacation – even looking back to your childhood through very rose tinted spectacles – could never compare to traveling by 4×4 to stay in an Airstream Camper on the stunning Uyuni Salt Flats.
When you went to bed the previous evening, the world was ghostly silver. The very salt beneath the wheels of your sleek, retro Airstream caravan seemed to be one huge, shimmering reflection of the moon. Now, standing on the doorstep of your classic American ‘van’, the world’s largest salt flats have been turned into pink gold by the rising sun.
Journey by 4x4 across the Uyuni Salt Flats to your Airstream Camper for the night, an adventure that very few people on the planet will ever experience.
You will travel across the eerie solitude, the magnificent silence, the endless infinity of whiteness. A different world. A virgin destination that few will reach and no-one will ever forget.
Airstream Campers, at a glance
- Travel by 4x4 to the classic, all aluminum American Airstream caravan on the Uyuni Salt Flats
- 25 feet of luxury, including shower and WC, queen-sized beds, iPod docking stations
- Support vehicle including kitchen
- Guide, driver and chef (who retire at night leaving you to experience the total solitude)
- Bolivian and international cuisine with local produce and wine
For leisure and pleasure
- Astonishing experience
- Timeless, untouched and barely-explored environment
- Tunupa Volcano and pre-Inca tomb excursions
- Village visits to remote Coqueza and Jirira – which has an eight room hotel built from salt
- Fantastic star gazing
- Extreme cycling and salt trekking
Sample itinerary from £2,115 per person (based on 2 people)
For a 2-night/3-day package staying in the Airstream Camper van on both nights including sightseeing in a 4x4, all meals and round-trip flights from La Paz would be as follows:
Day 1: Flight from La Paz to Uyuni. Arrival transfer - Full day excursion to include the Salt Lake & Isla Pescado. Lunch and dinner included. Overnight at Deluxe Airstream Camper.
Day 2: Full day excursion to include Jirira & Tunupa Volcano. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Overnight at Deluxe Airstream Camper.
Day 3: Transfer from Jirira to Uyuni Airport, for the flight to La Paz.