Many people consider themselves fortunate to merely have visited Lake Titicaca. Make Sun Island part of your tailor-made vacation to Bolivia and you can stay on the lake itself.
Legend says that the island was the birthplace of the Sun, and that Father Sun sent Manco Kapac and Mama Ocllo from the island to teach arts and civilisation, and so the Inca Empire was created. Pure nonsense, of course.
Or is it? Wander around the island’s temples and you may find yourself holding your breath and whispering. Sun Island remains, to this day, one of the most sacred and spiritual sites of the Andes.
The views over the lake towards the lines of formidable mountains, and the natural beauty of the island may also take your breath away, and Posada del Inca will definitely impress. This charming Posada mixes modern sophistication with rustic appeal and stands at the top of the island – affording you the most magnificent views.
Posada del Inca, at a glance
- Charming rustic Posada with far-reaching views of Lake Titicaca and the snow-capped Andes
- Choice of 20 guest rooms, all with private bathrooms
- Restored antique furnishings and décor in keeping with the island’s archeological heritage
- Superb views of the sacred lake
- Warm and cozy lounge bar with welcoming fireplace
For leisure and pleasure
- Choice of two restaurants for visitors: the tranquil and traditional Wara-Wara, and the Uma Kollo Archeological Restaurant with a takana - an authentic Inca terrace – forming part of the inside wall
- Boating trips and hydrofoil cruises on the lake
- Pier and Inca steps to the ‘Fountain of Youth’
- Excursions to local handicraft markets
- Superb lake and Royal Range of Andes photographic opportunities