So deep in the Mato Grosso it can only be reached by aircraft or 4×4. The perfect place to immerse yourself in one of the world’s most fascinating ecosystems.
You’ll find Barra Mansa Lodge very comfortable, hospitable and actually quite stylish in its own traditional way. There’s a great restaurant and modern facilities like satellite TV and WiFi. And with a maximum of 17 guests visiting at any one time, you’ll be assured of individual attention and a great experience.
But it is outside that the real attractions lie. Set within the world’s largest floodplain, where the Vazante and the Negro River meet, Barra Mansa is perfectly situated for discovering the region’s rich wildlife. And bring a good camera – jaguars have been photographed by Barra Mansa guests and you can expect to meet up with capybaras, deer, coatis, peccaries and anteaters. Not to mention a huge range of colourful and noisy Mato Grosso birds.
Barra Mansa Lodge, at a glance
- A traditional ranch set in a remote part of Pantanal – a beautifully preserved 200 sq km ecosystem
- Charter flights from Campo Grande, Aquidauana City and Bonito
- Rooms for just 17 guests, ranging from doubles to quadruples
- Plus a two bedroom house
- Private showers, air conditioning and fans
- Restaurant serving authentic Pantanal dishes like roast wild pig
For leisure and pleasure
- 4x4 safaris to discover the wildlife and birdlife of the Pantanal
- Experience the day-to-day workings of the ranch
- Nature walks with experienced guide
- Fantastic bird watching
- horse riding
- Canoeing and boat rides
- Sport fishing
- Cattle handling with gauchos
- Children’s experiences and activities