Stand on the balcony of your elegant room, looking out onto one of Paraty’s quaint streets and you will almost certainly become a figure in any number of tourist ‘I was there’ photographs. Don’t worry, you’re not being hounded by the paparazzi; the recreated 18th century Casa Turquesa is the star of the show – it’s just so idyllic it has to be snapped.
As part of your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Brazil, Casa Turquesa has other advantages too. It gives you immediate access to the shops, restaurants, bars, nightlife, cultural opportunities and fascinating sights of the bustling town of Paraty. Yet it is also quite an exclusive experience – this boutique haven has just nine rooms, so when you stay here you really are amongst the privileged few.
Casa Paraty, at a glance
- Charming, boutique hotel set beside the pier in Paraty’s irresistible historic center
- Just nine individually-designed rooms with an atmosphere of harmony and tranquillity
- Glorious views over rooftops and the dome of Santa Rita, towards the surrounding mountains
- En suite bathrooms, air conditioning and tented beds
- Cool, individually color-themed décor
- Wireless zone
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool with whirlpool and bar
- Relaxed interior patio, gazebo and garden
- Wine cellar
- Reading room with fireplace
- Easy access to the colonial buildings, craft shops, markets, produce and fish stalls, churches, pier, family restaurants of the historic center – a candidate for becoming a World Heritage Site
- Wonderful base for exploring Paraty and the surrounding region