Think ‘designer’ and ‘chic’ and you won’t be disappointed. But don’t forget ‘ethnic’ and ‘tropical’. The creators of Hotel Santa Teresa have succeeded in combining strands of historic coffee and cocoa wealth with contemporary style; expressed in noble and ecological Brazilian materials.
Which translates into giving you a vibrant and luxurious place to stay, in one of the most sophisticated and cultured districts in the whole of Rio.
Inside the hotel, you’ll see why it has been highly rated amongst Tatler’s 101 world’s best hotels. The rooms are ultimately comfortable and very designer. Burnt cement, Bordeaux and golden slate abounds. Dark tropical and red wood complements décor that owes much to the influence of Brazil’s Xingu and Tupi Guarani Indians and Afro-Brazilian traditions.
Hotel Santa Teresa, at a glance
- Located in the heart of the desirable Santa Teresa precinct
- Gorgeous grounds
- Choice of Superior and Deluxe rooms, plus Junior, Loft and Master suites
- All with art by Brazilian designers and tropical and indigenous Brazilian-themed décor
- Bathrooms typically feature marbled cement baths and golden slate or Ype wood floors
- Eco-chic restaurant serving world cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Large pool surrounded by tropical gardens and sun decks
- Le Spa featuring refined beauty and relaxation treatments in eco-Amazonian setting, screened by loose-woven wicker walls
- Hammam saunas
- Ofuro baths
- Romantic cocktail bar in former slave quarters
- Great base for exploring Santa Teresa and the fantastic city of Rio