Stay in style at the Mama Ruisa hotel in Rio de Janeiro, supremely comfortable accommodations just a few minutes from the city’s historic center.
Owned by a family with wide-ranging experience of running world class, international hotels, Mama Ruisa is a very worthy addition to any itinerary for a luxury, tailor-made vacation to Brazil. This grand mansion stands in Santa Teresa, a highly regarded quarter of Rio Janeiro; just a few minutes from the town’s historical center, walking distance to the famous cabaret and samba bars of Lapa, and a mere 15 minutes from the renowned Ipanema and Copacabana beaches.
The hotel itself is quite a destination, too. With its palm-fringed pool, gracious lounge and open terrace overlooking Santa Teresa and beyond to the sea, it is the perfect place to relax and restore yourself after a busy day seeing the sights of Rio. Ready to experience the nearby nightlife!
Mama Ruisa, at a glance
- Luxury boutique hotel overlooking the Bay of Guanabara
- 20 minutes from Rio’s international airport
- Just seven designer rooms with breathtaking views of Sugar Loaf Mountain and the Bay
- Décor includes unique photos of Josephine Baker, Colette and Maria Callas, original sculptures and drawings by Jean Cocteau
- Dining on the open terrace
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool surrounded by palm trees
- 10 minutes from the historical and cultural center
- 10 minutes from Lapa’s hot nightlife for sophisticated 1920s style cabaret and samba bars
- 15 minutes from Ipanema and Copacabana beaches
- Chauffeur-driven excursions to cultural centres like the Atelier d’Artistes
- Tours to the Tijuca Forest