It is all about relaxation. Whether that means lazing beside a sparkling swimming pool, strolling around a UNESCO listed village or playing golf on a soaring cliff top.
Awake in a white, tented bed to the sound of birds singing. Stroll out onto your private terrace and find yourself amongst the treetops of a natural forest. Twinkling through the foliage is the blue of a swimming pool; cool and invitingly empty at this time in the morning. Beyond lies the ocean, and ahead of you is a day full of promise.
At Etnia Pousada your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Brazil takes on the shape you want. You can choose to relax beside the pool or stroll through the forest. You can play golf on a magnificent clifftop course with the Atlantic as your backdrop. Or you could take a trip into the UNESCO-listed village of Trancoso – a mecca for many of Brazil’s architects, artists, designers and craftsmen.
Etnia Pousada, at a glance
- Boutique resort amidst a shaded grove of natural forest
- Choice of just eight bungalows, each with an individual theme and private garden
- Décor is an inspired fusion of ethnic art and modern design concepts
- Tented double beds and terraces set amongst the treetops
- Glorious views over the resort and forest
- Stylish en suite bathrooms decorated with unusual African artefacts
- Excellent food served in a simple yet elegant dining room
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb swimming pool with sun decks shaded by towering trees
- Trips into the charming village of Trancoso with its Quadrado Square – a proclaimed UNESCO World Heritage site
- Scuba diving and snorkeling
- Encounters with turtles
- Surfboarding and kite surfing from many beaches
- Classes to learn the Lambada, the Forro and Capoeira dances
- Terravista Golf Course high on the cliffs above the sea
- Mountain biking
- Horse riding on the beach beside the Atlantic Ocean