Before you rises up the great ice mantle of Perito Moreno Glacier, towering to a height of 60 meters and stretching for over five kilometres. It’s a breath-taking sight - one of many in this awesome region of Patagonia. Take a luxury, tailor-made vacation to Chile and one day you’ll be walking over the fantastical icescapes of Los Glaciares National Park, and the next you can be exploring Lago Argentino by boat.
Or visiting the peaceful town of El Calafate where life continues in a typically undisturbed fashion, giving you a snapshot of the true Patagonia, with its quaint architecture and welcoming local people.
Alto Calafate puts you conveniently close to it all, as well as cosseting you in luxury, with its wonderful restaurant, fabulous spa and hilltop views.
Alto Calafate, at a glance
- A modern luxury hotel overlooking a horizon-wide lake
- Less than four km from El Calafate International Airport and only 306 km from Santa Cruz
- Choice of 103 luxurious guest rooms ranging from doubles and triples to exclusive suites
- Astounding views over the lake and ice-capped mountains
- LCD TVs and designer en suite bathrooms
- Maridaje Restaurant serving authentic regional delicacies and international cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Heated swimming pool with waterfall massage
- Elegant spa with massage rooms
- Sauna and well-equipped fitness room
- Excursions to Perito Moreno Glacier – one of the natural wonders of the world
- Tours of the Todo Glaciares, including the massive Upsala Glacier
- Spirit of the Glaciers two day expedition
- Boat and lake tours including the Upsala Canal