The Awasi Atacama positions you perfectly between the awe-inspiring beauty of one of the world’s most desolate deserts and a town considered to be the archaeological capital of Chile.
The Atacama Desert in the north of Chile is probably one of the world’s most arid places, but it’s also home to beautiful lakes edged with purple-blue mountains, volcanic geysers, marshes and great lagoons populated by flocks of black and pink flamingos. Not to mention foxes, vizcachas, rheas and lizards.
Make the Awasi Atacama part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Chile and you’ll be able to explore history too. 11,000 years ago the desert was populated by hunter-gatherers, and the nearby town of San Pedro de Atacama – the archaeological capital of Chile – has been influenced by Tiahuanaco, Inca, Atacamenos, Spanish, Chilean and Quechua cultures ever since.
Awasi Atacama, at a glance
- Traditional luxury lodge close to the centre of town
- Choice of just twelve rooms and suites built using adobe, stone, thatch and wood
- Spacious and rustic, rectangular or round designs
- Period-style décor complemented by modern comforts
- Large bathrooms opening onto private, open air patios
- Individual solariums and outdoor showers
- Shared terraces
- Rectangular suites have interior gardens and hallways
- Restaurant serving an expertly prepared fusion of Altiplano and international cuisine
- Part of the highly acclaimed Relais & Chateaux family
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting pool with sun deck
- Every room is assigned its own private guide and 4x4 vehicle, this is unique to Awasi. Excursions include Atacama Desert exploration, trekking to Altiplano lagoons, plunging valleys and hidden villages
- Visits to archaeological sites and bathing in thermal pools alongside geysers
- Horse riding and mountain biking
- Guided bird watching expeditions and star-gazing evenings
- 4x4 tours and picnics beside picturesque lakes