Casa Real was converted into a boutique hotel in 1996 and has been charming visitors with its rich history, fine vintages and elegant guestrooms ever since.
A grand manor house in the 1880s, the property’s original beauty has since been carefully restored and today offers guests a sophisticated place to stay in one of Chile’s most celebrated wine regions. There are 16 guestrooms in total with a classic décor featuring wooden furnishings, rich fabrics and French doors that open onto a grassy courtyard. Delicious, seasonal meals that have been designed to complement Santa Rita wines are served in the hotel restaurant and the historic Dona Paula restaurant. You can even enjoy a gourmet picnic on the grounds.
When you’re not relaxing at the hotel you can take strolls through the nearby vineyards or ride a bike through the surrounding 40-hectare park to find ponds, colourful flowers and beautiful sculptures. A guided tour of the grounds will show you the neo-gothic chapel, Roman baths and century-old wine cellars, ending with a tasting of the winery’s finest wines. You can also relax by the swimming pool or discover Chile’s pre-Colombian history at the Andean Museum which boasts over 3,000 preserved artefacts.
Casa Real Hotel, at a glance
- Boutique hotel located on the award-winning Santa Rita Winery
- Located at the foot of the Andes Mountains in the Maipo Valley
- Late 19th-century Pompeian style estate with a neo-gothic chapel and Roman baths
- Surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens designed by renowned French architect Guillermo Renner
- Selection of just 16 recently refurbished guestrooms with classic décor
- Newly remodelled bathrooms, TVs, Wi-Fi, and either one king-sized bed or two single beds
- Enjoy fine dining at the hotel’s restaurant, featuring seasonal ingredients and paired with the region’s best wines
- Historic Dona Paula Restaurant serving both traditional Chilean and international cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Enjoy winery tours to sample some of the country’s best Cabernet Sauvignons
- Explore the surrounding park on foot or by mountain bike
- Enjoy a scenic picnic on the grounds
- Take a bicycle ride or stroll through the vineyards
- Make use of the hotel’s swimming pool, sauna and gym
- Enjoy a game on the tennis courts
- Relax in the lounge and games room
- See the expansive collection of pre-Colombian art at the Andean Museum