Hotel AWA enjoys an exceptional location on the shores of Lake Llanquihue at the heart of the Chilean Lake District, within easy reach of its sweeping valleys, rich forests and dramatic volcanoes.
Whilst the exposed concrete exterior gives it a contemporary look, Hotel AWA keeps in touch with its natural surroundings by incorporating local materials such as volcanic rock, cypress tree and flagstone. All guestrooms and suites are spacious, with a décor that combines modern art with traditional crafts. Floor-to-ceiling windows not only bring in lots of natural light, but also afford sublime views over the lake and snow-topped Osorno Volcano.
Stay at Hotel AWA on your tailor-made holiday to Chile and you can start your day with a treatment at the gorgeous AWA Spa (complete with a heated pool, steam room and hydro-massage pool). You’ll then be ready to take on the wide range of excursions on offer, designed to show you the both the highlights and hidden gems of the Lake District. You can go hiking through forested valleys, boat across emerald-coloured lagoons, and even take a thrilling plane ride over the Corcovado Volcano to have lunch on a remote lake.
Hotel AWA, at a glance
- Distinctive property perched on the shores of Lake Llanquihue
- 20 minutes from Puerto Varas
- Unbeatable views over the lake and snow-capped Osorno Volcano beyond
- Use of local materials including flagstone, volcanic rock and indigenous wood
- Large guestrooms and suites with two twin beds or a super king bed
- Rooms feature cable TVs, fireplaces, minibars and Wi-Fi
- Bathrooms have separate showers and whirlpools
- Restaurant serving delicious meals prepared using the freshest ingredients and paired with some of the country’s finest wines
- Sustainably built with a focus on being energy efficient
For leisure and pleasure
- Stunning AWA Spa equipped with a double massage room, sauna, steam room, hydro-massage pool and semi-Olympic heated pool
- Enjoy hiking, fly fishing, bird watching, kayaking, rafting and climbing volcanoes led by the hotel’s team of guides
- Fantastic base for exploring Vicente Perez Rosales National Park, Alerce Andino National Park and Tagua Tagua Park
- Take a tour of Lake Llanquihue, the second largest lake in the country
- Learn about the culture of the area from local indigenous groups
- Enjoy tours of historic towns and visit important archaeological sites such as Monte Verde