Mallín Colorado Ecolodge has an exceptional location on Chile’s Carretera Austral, resting above the beautiful blue waters of Lake General Carrera.
Surrounded by the wild, remote beauty of the Aysén Region, the family-operated Mallín Colorado Ecolodge offers comfortable lodging, great excursions, home-cooked meals and a warm service. Accommodations consists of just five rustic wooden cabins each named after local trees – Lenga, Coihue, Rauli, Nirre and Ciprés. All enjoy dazzling lake views, cozy living areas and bedrooms with ensuites.
Set in 450 hectares of wilderness laced with miles of private trails, this lodge is ideal for those looking to get back to nature. You can go hiking and horseback riding through rich native forests, a great way to experience the area’s unique vegetation, spot local birds and get amazing views of the Cordón Contreras glaciers and Lakes Plomo and Bertrand. A must-see are the partially submerged Marble Caves at the center of Lake General Carrera, one of Chile’s most remarkable geological sites and within walking distance of the lodge.
Mallín Colorado Ecolodge, at a glance
- Remote eco-lodge at the heart of Chile’s pristine Aysén Region, a land of snowy mountains, sweeping valleys, glaciers and fjords
- Five standalone cabins constructed from native wood, all with ensuites
- Comfortably furnished with hardwood floors, comfy beds, fireplaces and large windows overlooking the stunning Lake General Carrera
- Inviting lounge with a fireplace and scenic lake views
- Home cooked meals prepared with locally sourced produce – enjoy outdoor dining on the terrace
- Communal Club House where you can dine, connect to the internet or socialise with other guests
For leisure and pleasure
- Follow hiking trails through forests of lenga, ñirre and coigues
- Guided horseback riding
- Walk on the ice of the Exploradores glacier, or take a day trip to see the San Rafael glacier
- Kayaking excursions to see the incredibly blue Marble Caves
- Rich birdlife in the area including the ibis and Magellan woodpecker
- Boating and fly fishing on Lake Bertrand
- Rafting on the Baker River and kayaking on Lake General Carrera