A rooftop swimming pool may seem like a minor consideration when choosing a Bogota hotel for your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Colombia. But it will become a major delight when you take your energising early morning dip before going in for breakfast. Or when you’re catching some afternoon rays on the sun deck and admiring the glorious views.
But it isn’t, of course, the only reason for staying at the Cité. This is a modern hotel in the best sense of the phrase. Its architecture is distinctive and distinctly contemporary. Its décor follows the theme with flat colors, large windows with expansive views, designer bathrooms in natural stone and glass. And it has a chic but casual bar-terraza and a restaurant that is a destination in its own right.
Cité Hotel, at a glance
- Sophisticated modern hotel in a smart Bogota neighbourhood
- Choice of Elegance Cité Rooms, deluxe twin rooms and deluxe king rooms
- En suite bathrooms using materials like natural stone, glass and ceramics
- Décor typically features white walls, colourful bed throws and geometrical sofas and tables
- Designer lighting and chunky woven rugs
- Large windows flood light and give great views
- Air conditioning
- Fine restaurant serving a menu of contemporary food
For leisure and pleasure
- Close to the prized Zona Rosa de Bogotá area of Bogota
- Not far from the funicular railroad taking you up Monserrate Hill for some of Bogota’s best views
- The Gold Museum, Botero Museum and Museo de Arte Colonial are easily reached
- Primary Cathedral, the Capitolio Nacional and Casa Marquez de San Jorge are only a little further afield