How will you appreciate the richness of life and the bio-diversity of nature? Will you find yourself paddling silently along a dark river, at night, peering into the darkness at weird and wonderful insects, strange fishing bats and the prehistoric-looking caiman?
Or will you follow your professional naturalist guide along an overgrown pathway through virgin rainforest, looking at giant Kapok trees and strangler figs? Will you explore two contrasting landscapes and eco-systems, by canoe, on Garzacocha Lagoon? Or will you visit the Yasuni National Park to watch wild parrots and parakeets dosing themselves on mineral-rich mud?
However you decide to discover the Amazon on your luxury, tailor-made vacation to Ecuador, you can rest assured that this ecolodge is helping preserve the experience for future generations.
La Selva Ecolodge, at a glance
- Authentic jungle lodge surrounded by virgin forest
- 2½ hours by boat from Coca
- Choice of 12 thatched cabanas, plus private bungalows and suites
- Built from secondary growth rainforest materials
- Cabanas have bathrooms and showers
- Family suites have private porches, hammocks and Jacuzzis
- Restaurant serving organic food and produce from the lodge garden
- Open air bar and lookout point
For leisure and pleasure
- Yoga retreat and massages with Amazon treatments
- Unrivalled bird watching with naturalist guides
- Rainforest excursions to lakes, butterfly farms and an observation tower
- Jungle expeditions through forests of giant kapok and strangler fig trees
- Hiking and nature trails
- Swimming, canoeing and fishing
- Night excursions to spot fishing bats, nightjars, huge insects and even caimans